Sunday, January 17, 2010

so, I have a blog.

Alright, so people have been asking why I'm not blogging lately and people have been anonymously commenting (which is odd and I wish you'd show your pretty faces) and so here I am updating and I will promise to do so more often.

All I have to say today is that I've been writing a lot lately, and though I've been told repeatedly to "write what you know" that feels like a cop-out to me and I've been writing about things I completely do not understand or that plague me. Things like:

love
death
consumerism
drugs
faith
celebrity
god

But not in any pretentious grandiose sense. That makes no sense unless you hear what I've been writing, which you can do on September 29th at Court Street Gallery (self-promotion! Why the internet was invented! Or at least why it continues.) I guess that's why I don't love talking about writing. I always feel as though I sound like a tool.

But I have been talking about it lately, because I've been talking about everything lately. Even though the joke is always that I know everyone, I'm a loner at heart. Except recently I've become one of those people who needs to be talking to someone at all times. I'm constantly with people or texting/facebooking/IMing people. Technology makes introversion nearly impossible. And the shift from a few close friends to piles of aquaintances is slightly disturbing. I've always felt that I night out with 20 friends is far more lonely than a night at home with a good book. And yet I've found myself going out for drinks with people I've met once or twice and texting long conversations with people who were otherwise drinking buddies and asking millions of questions to customers at work. It's a strange new world. I still have a habit of keeping folks at a safe distance, there are just more of them now.

I'm also really into sassy, lovesick British girl singers more than usual lately, but that's a discussion for another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey don't you mean January 29th? I am going, I'll be the one with the red hair. lol