Tuesday, January 27, 2009

feelin' good, breakin' promises

When I changed my preferred blogging venue from Myspace to Blogger, I promised several times that I would use less of my time mentioning Shia LaBeouf. Well, I lied. It only took 3 entries to break my promise.

Here's the thing about Shia: I have a rainbow of celebrity crushes because, 1. I am pop culture obsessed and 2. They are better looking than any real boys I know and 3. I don't have to get to know them, but he is by far my current #1. I get a lot of shit for this for a myriad of reasons like the fact that he used to be on Even Stevens or that he's sort of a drunken douchebag. Nice tries, but Even Stevens was an awesome show and everyone loves drunken douchebags (also, I'd like to point out that maybe if you really wanted to talk me out of it, you should use some sort of argument like "um, he doesn't know you and you'll probably never meet him" instead of feeding my delusions. Although, if you don't feed my delusions, I won't want to be your friend. Classic catch-22). Not that I need to explain our romance to any of YOU, but for the sake of argument, let me justify my love.

1. He's very self-deprecating. If you didn't hear about the Walgreen's incident, let him tell you.


2. He's beautiful.
Shia LaBeouf Pictures, Images and Photos
Notice how I made that my #2 justification. It should be #1, but I'm trying to appear less shallow.
Adorable.


Even in his MUGSHOT!
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Pictures, Images and Photos

I guarantee most mugshots are not that adorable.

3. His movies sort of suck, but I'm okay with that. Eagle Eye was kind of cool, and Transformers had it's moments, but they aren't exactly Oscar-worthy. Even Stevens was hilarious, but that was another life time. So what? A person's career does not define them. If I fell in love with a McDonald's employee, I wouldn't dismiss him just because he uses too much salt on the fries. I'm just saying.

4. He's funny. I realize he didn't write this, but he plays creepy very well.

Wearing a paper bag to evade the paprazzi is pretty funny. I wish I'd have thought it up first.

5. He skateboards.

I think that's reason enough. I mean, people have fell in love over less. And I'm sure I've dated worse boys. My next step is to write a blog on reasons Shia LaBeouf should be in love with me. After that, track him down and show it to him. And after that, figure out how to circumvent the restraining order.

It's a classic love story, kids. Sit back and enjoy.

No comments: